-
March 11th, 2002, 11:24 PM
#1
rsb-
Guest
I'm a newbie looking for a solid projector with a fairly powerful bulb. What models should I be looking for? (I'd like to be able to project a large image/from far away.)
Here's what's on ebay, but I don't know what's good:
http://search.ebay.com/search/search...er+8+projector
Thanks
-
March 12th, 2002, 07:44 AM
#2
#Pedro
Guest
out of your list, I would choose this one:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1337829164
it has a 15V/150W bulb and a prof film path, very reliable mechanism.
With this bulb, you can project 2 meter wide screens with good reflective surface, from about 5...6 meters distance.
For more distance or wider screens, you need another light technology. The older power lamps are called XENON and were used by Elmo in the Elmo GS1200MO Xenon. It is 2x brighter than halogen.
Much better is the HTI technology, that Beaulieu HTI-projectors have. 4 meter screens are no problem with that projector, up to 10 meters is possible. The HTI lamp can be adapted to Elmo GS-machines as well.
All technologies other than halogen are rather expensive! The brightest halogen projectors are the Elmo GS1200MO with the 200 W lamp & 1:1,0 lens and the Beaulieu 708EL with the 150 W lamp and shortened transport phase/widened gate.
Pedro
------------------
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks